More From George Santayana
- "Character is the basis of happiness and happiness the sanction of character."
- "Friendship is almost always the union of a part of one mind with the part of another; people are friends in spots."
- "Bid, then, the tender light of faith to shine By which alone the mortal heart is led Unto the thinking of the thought divine."
More In Education
- "The frightening thought that what you draw may become a building makes for reasoned lines."― Saul Steinberg
- "Democrats want to use the slowdown as an excuse to do what their special interests are always begging for: higher taxes, bigger government and less trade with other nations."― Mitt Romney
- "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."― Derek Bok