More From George Santayana
- "The passions grafted on wounded pride are the most inveterate; they are green and vigorous in old age."
- "When men and women agree, it is only in their conclusions; their reasons are always different."
- "Friends are generally of the same sex, for when men and women agree, it is only in the conclusions; their reasons are always different."
More In Friendship
- "Ray Bradbury is, for many reasons, the most influential writer in my life. Throughout our long friendship, Ray supplied not only his terrific stories but a grand model of what a writer could be, should be, and yet rarely is: brilliant and charming and accessible, willing to tolerate and to teach, happy to inspire but also to be inspired."― Greg Bear
- "No one person can possibly combine all the elements supposed to make up what everyone means by friendship."― Francis Marion Crawford
- "One of the great things personally coming to Hawai’i is my friendship of Jim Nicholson."― Dan Fouts