More From George Santayana
- "Bid, then, the tender light of faith to shine By which alone the mortal heart is led Unto the thinking of the thought divine."
- "It takes patience to appreciate domestic bliss; volatile spirits prefer unhappiness."
- "We must welcome the future, remembering that soon it will be the past; and we must respect the past, remembering that it was once all that was humanly possible."
More In Happiness
- "Many people recognize that technology often comes with unintended and undesirable side effects."― Leon Kass
- "I am more and more convinced that our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves."― Wilhelm von Humboldt
- "Life in common among people who love each other is the ideal of happiness."― George Sand