More From George Osborne
- "I want Britain to be the home of successful competitive and stable financial services."
- "In opposition, you move to the centre. In government, you move the centre."
- "I had the closest thing I have ever had to an out-of-body experience lying in bed one morning. I turned on the ‘Today’ programme and item four on the news was: ‘The shadow chancellor has ruled himself out of the leadership.’ I lay there thinking that’s interesting, then I realised it was me."
More In Society
- "I honestly don’t know, but if America continues to refuse to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions, I see a bleak future not only for American society, but for the world as a whole. This is a global problem that is not going away, and the United States is an obstacle to solving it."― Peter Singer
- "American society is a sort of flat, fresh-water pond which absorbs silently, without reaction, anything which is thrown into it."― Henry Adams
- "There is no nonsense so gross that society will not, at some time, make a doctrine of it and defend it with every weapon of communal stupidity."― Robertson Davies