More From George Orwell
- "I doubt whether classical education ever has been or can be successfully carried out without corporal punishment."
- "Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac."
- "Society has always seemed to demand a little more from human beings than it will get in practice."
More In Great
- "Motherhood is a great honor and privilege, yet it is also synonymous with servanthood. Every day women are called upon to selflessly meet the needs of their families. Whether they are awake at night nursing a baby, spending their time and money on less-than-grateful teenagers, or preparing meals, moms continuously put others before themselves."― Charles Stanley
- "I think cookies are sort of the unsung sweet, you know? They’re incredibly popular. But everybody thinks of cakes and pies and fancier desserts before they think cookies. A plate of cookies is a great way to end dinner and really nice to share at the holidays."― Bobby Flay
- "Man as an individual is a genius. But men in the mass form the headless monster, a great, brutish idiot that goes where prodded."― Charlie Chaplin