More From George Orwell
- "The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one’s real and one’s declared aims, one turns, as it were, instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish squirting out ink."
- "In our age there is no such thing as ‘keeping out of politics.’ All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia."
- "To walk through the ruined cities of Germany is to feel an actual doubt about the continuity of civilization."
More In Power
- "Power is action; the electoral principle is discussion. No political action is possible when discussion is permanently established."― Honore de Balzac
- "War has always been the grand sagacity of every spirit which has grown too inward and too profound; its curative power lies even in the wounds one receives."― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "The real problem is that the way that power is given out in our society pits us against each other."― Anita Hill