More From George Orwell
- "War is evil, but it is often the lesser evil."
- "Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting."
- "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – forever."
More In Power
- "Power and position often make a man trifle with the truth."― George A. Smith
- "When we are angry or depressed in our creativity, we have misplaced our power. We have allowed someone else to determine our worth, and then we are angry at being undervalued."― Julia Margaret Cameron
- "The rejection that we all take and the sadness and the aggravation and the loss of jobs and all of the things that we live through in our lives, without a sense of humor, I don’t know how people make it."― Marlo Thomas