More From George McGovern
- "I did frequently refer to my war record in World War II, but not in any flamboyant way."
- "Politics is an act of faith; you have to show some kind of confidence in the intellectual and moral capacity of the public."
- "I always thought of myself as a moderate liberal, a fighter for peace and justice. I never thought of myself as being all that far out."
More In Health
- "Courage to continue comes from deeper sources than outward results."― Kenneth L. Pike
- "Raising taxes is the last thing we should do amid the weakest economic recovery since World War II. Unfortunately, even if we avoid the full ‘Taxmageddon’ scenario, President Obama’s health care law also contains a new surtax on investment that will take effect in 2013."― John Cornyn
- "Save for minor ailments and accident, my battalion is practically immune from sickness; colds come and go as a matter of course, sprains and cuts claim momentary attention, but otherwise the health of the battalion is perfect."― Patrick MacGill