More From George Jean Nathan
- "Bad officials are the ones elected by good citizens who do not vote."
- "Criticism is the windows and chandeliers of art: it illuminates the enveloping darkness in which art might otherwise rest only vaguely discernible, and perhaps altogether unseen."
- "Politics is the diversion of trivial men who, when they succeed at it, become important in the eyes of more trivial men."
More In Humor
- "My overnight success was really 15 years in the making. I’d been writing songs since I was 6 and playing in bands and performing since I was 14."― Lisa Loeb
- "Compromise is but the sacrifice of one right or good in the hope of retaining another – too often ending in the loss of both."― Tryon Edwards
- "We are single-mindedly focused on partnering with the best innovators pursuing the biggest markets."― Marc Andreessen