More From George Jean Nathan
- "Criticism is the windows and chandeliers of art: it illuminates the enveloping darkness in which art might otherwise rest only vaguely discernible, and perhaps altogether unseen."
- "To speak of morals in art is to speak of legislature in sex. Art is the sex of the imagination."
- "No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched."
More In Humor
- "If you can get humor and seriousness at the same time, you’ve created a special little thing, and that’s what I’m looking for, because if you get pompous, you lose everything."― Paul Simon
- "There are different kinds of humor, some is sarcastic, some introspective. Introspective fit my personality better."― Rita Rudner
- "Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing."― William James