More From George Jean Nathan
- "Great art is as irrational as great music. It is mad with its own loveliness."
- "Love is an emotion experienced by the many and enjoyed by the few."
- "Criticism is the windows and chandeliers of art: it illuminates the enveloping darkness in which art might otherwise rest only vaguely discernible, and perhaps altogether unseen."
More In Imagination
- "My imagination is my polestar; I steer by that."― Clive Barker
- "Few businessmen are capable of being in politics, they don’t understand the democratic process, they have neither the tolerance or the depth it takes. Democracy isn’t a business."― Malcolm Forbes
- "My imagination functions much better when I don’t have to speak to people."― Patricia Highsmith