More From George Jean Nathan
- "To speak of morals in art is to speak of legislature in sex. Art is the sex of the imagination."
- "Politics is the diversion of trivial men who, when they succeed at it, become important in the eyes of more trivial men."
- "Great art is as irrational as great music. It is mad with its own loveliness."
More In Patriotism
- "Patriotism. Combustible rubbish ready to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name."― Ambrose Bierce
- "It was patriotism, not communism, that inspired me."― Ho Chi Minh
- "What this country needs what every country needs occasionally is a good hard bloody war to revive the vice of patriotism on which its existence as a nation depends."― Ambrose Bierce