More From George Jean Nathan
- "Criticism is the windows and chandeliers of art: it illuminates the enveloping darkness in which art might otherwise rest only vaguely discernible, and perhaps altogether unseen."
- "Great art is as irrational as great music. It is mad with its own loveliness."
- "Beauty makes idiots sad and wise men merry."
More In Patriotism
- "I don’t want to see the military falling. I want to see the military rising to dignified heights of professionalism and true patriotism."― Aung San Suu Kyi
- "Most Italians who came to this country are very patriotic. There was this exciting possibility that if you worked real hard, and you loved something, you could become successful."― Francis Ford Coppola
- "Patriotism must be founded on great principals and supported by great virtue."― Henry Bolingbroke