More From George Jean Nathan
- "Women, as they grow older, rely more and more on cosmetics. Men, as they grow older, rely more and more on a sense of humor."
- "To speak of morals in art is to speak of legislature in sex. Art is the sex of the imagination."
- "Criticism is the windows and chandeliers of art: it illuminates the enveloping darkness in which art might otherwise rest only vaguely discernible, and perhaps altogether unseen."
More In Anger
- "Architecture is involved with the world, but at the same time it has a certain autonomy. This autonomy cannot be explained in terms of traditional logic because the most interesting parts of the work are non-verbal. They operate within the terms of the work, like any art."― Thom Mayne
- "Never go to bed angry, stay up and fight."― William Congreve
- "A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green."― Francis Bacon