More From George H. W. Bush
- "A new breeze is blowing, and a world refreshed by freedom seems reborn; for in man’s heart, if not in fact, the day of the dictator is over. The totalitarian era is passing, its old ideas blown away like leaves from an ancient, lifeless tree."
- "Well, I think everybody is frustrated by the finances of the U.N. and the inability to solve problems of war and peace."
- "I can tell you this: If I’m ever in a position to call the shots, I’m not going to rush to send somebody else’s kids into a war."
More In Faith
- "Faith, like a jackal, feeds among the tombs, and even from these dead doubts she gathers her most vital hope."― Herman Melville
- "Buddhism has a very beautiful teaching that says the worst thing you can do to your soul is to tell someone their faith is wrong."― Ricky Martin
- "First, I prepare. Then I have faith."― Joe Namath