More From George H. W. Bush
- "You cannot be President of the United States if you don’t have faith. Remember Lincoln, going to his knees in times of trial in the Civil War and all that stuff."
- "The U.S.S. George H. W. Bush is a great thing in my life. It’s amazing. A great honor."
- "We can realise a lasting peace and transform the East-West relationship to one of enduring co-operation."
More In Peace
- "On balance, my life has been a constant stream of blessings rather than disappointments and failures and tragedies. I wish I had been re-elected. I think I could have kept our country at peace. I think I could have consolidated what we achieved at Camp David with a treaty between Israel and the Palestinians."― Jimmy Carter
- "I binge when I’m happy. When everything is going really well, every day is like I’m at a birthday party."― Kirstie Alley
- "As this long and difficult war ends, I would like to address a few special words to the American people: Your steadfastness in supporting our insistence on peace with honor has made peace with honor possible."― Richard M. Nixon