More From George H. W. Bush
- "You cannot be President of the United States if you don’t have faith. Remember Lincoln, going to his knees in times of trial in the Civil War and all that stuff."
- "One of the good things about the way the Gulf War ended in 1991 is, you’d see the Vietnam veterans marching with the Gulf War veterans."
- "Well, I think everybody is frustrated by the finances of the U.N. and the inability to solve problems of war and peace."
More In Freedom
- "Much literary criticism comes from people for whom extreme specialization is a cover for either grave cerebral inadequacy or terminal laziness, the latter being a much cherished aspect of academic freedom."― John Kenneth Galbraith
- "We believe that rape is rape. We believe that a woman should make health care decisions with her family, her doctor, and her God. And we believe that there’s no place in that room for politicians – especially politicians who don’t know how women’s bodies work."― Nancy Keenan
- "Your life is the sum result of all the choices you make, both consciously and unconsciously. If you can control the process of choosing, you can take control of all aspects of your life. You can find the freedom that comes from being in charge of yourself."― Robert Foster Bennett