More From George H. W. Bush
- "A new breeze is blowing, and a world refreshed by freedom seems reborn; for in man’s heart, if not in fact, the day of the dictator is over. The totalitarian era is passing, its old ideas blown away like leaves from an ancient, lifeless tree."
- "The U.S.S. George H. W. Bush is a great thing in my life. It’s amazing. A great honor."
- "Well, I think everybody is frustrated by the finances of the U.N. and the inability to solve problems of war and peace."
More In Peace
- "I think what the Nobel committee is doing is going beyond war and looking at what humanity can do to prevent war. Sustainable management of our natural resources will promote peace."― Wangari Maathai
- "Who’s to say that there is any more support for Freud’s psychoanalytic concept of the superego than there is for that old time religion that asserted that there is a God who ordains what is right and wrong, and that His righteousness endures for all generations?"― Tony Campolo
- "An honorable Peace is and always was my first wish! I can take no delight in the effusion of human Blood; but, if this War should continue, I wish to have the most active part in it."― John Paul Jones