More From George H. W. Bush
- "You cannot be President of the United States if you don’t have faith. Remember Lincoln, going to his knees in times of trial in the Civil War and all that stuff."
- "History will point out some of the things I did wrong and some of the things I did right."
- "A new breeze is blowing, and a world refreshed by freedom seems reborn; for in man’s heart, if not in fact, the day of the dictator is over. The totalitarian era is passing, its old ideas blown away like leaves from an ancient, lifeless tree."
More In War
- "When I grew up, in Taiwan, the Korean War was seen as a good war, where America protected Asia. It was sort of an extension of World War II. And it was, of course, the peak of the Cold War. People in Taiwan were generally proAmerican. The Korean War made Japan. And then the Vietnam War made Taiwan. There is some truth to that."― Ang Lee
- "When you go to war, both sides lose totally."― Yoko Ono
- "Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind."― John F. Kennedy