More From George H. W. Bush
- "I can tell you this: If I’m ever in a position to call the shots, I’m not going to rush to send somebody else’s kids into a war."
- "But let me tell you, this gender thing is history. You’re looking at a guy who sat down with Margaret Thatcher across the table and talked about serious issues."
- "The U.S.S. George H. W. Bush is a great thing in my life. It’s amazing. A great honor."
More In War
- "War is at its best barbarism."― William Tecumseh Sherman
- "I knew I wanted to write on religious themes when I was a GI in World War II. I saw and experienced so much violence that I thought I could express my outrage best with music."― Dave Brubeck
- "Which suggests something about media and war: it’s not just that events happen and the media documents and presents them. There is a third element: what the public is ready to accept, what the public wants to know."― Bruce Jackson