More From George H. W. Bush
- "A new breeze is blowing, and a world refreshed by freedom seems reborn; for in man’s heart, if not in fact, the day of the dictator is over. The totalitarian era is passing, its old ideas blown away like leaves from an ancient, lifeless tree."
- "I hope my own children never have to fight a war."
- "We know what works. Freedom Works. We know what’s right. Freedom is right."
More In War
- "I’m old enough to remember the end of World War II. On Aug. 14, 1946, a year after the Japanese were defeated, most newspapers and magazines had single articles commemorating the end of the war."― Harry Browne
- "When I was younger, I used to say, One day I’ll be famous."― Katie Price
- "We need to decide that we will not go to war, whatever reason is conjured up by the politicians or the media, because war in our time is always indiscriminate, a war against innocents, a war against children."― Howard Zinn