More From George H. W. Bush
- "A new breeze is blowing, and a world refreshed by freedom seems reborn; for in man’s heart, if not in fact, the day of the dictator is over. The totalitarian era is passing, its old ideas blown away like leaves from an ancient, lifeless tree."
- "One of the good things about the way the Gulf War ended in 1991 is, you’d see the Vietnam veterans marching with the Gulf War veterans."
- "The U.S.S. George H. W. Bush is a great thing in my life. It’s amazing. A great honor."
More In History
- "If the history of the Day of Atonement has anything to say to us now it is: never relieve individuals of moral responsibility. The more we have, the more we grow."― Jonathan Sacks
- "History shows us that other highly developed forms of civilization have collapsed. Who knows whether the same fate does not await our own?"― Christian Lous Lange
- "The slightest acquaintance with history shows that powerful republics are the most warlike and unscrupulous of nations."― Ambrose Bierce