More From George Eliot
- "No great deed is done by falterers who ask for certainty."
- "The sons of Judah have to choose that God may again choose them. The divine principle of our race is action, choice, resolved memory."
- "I’m proof against that word failure. I’ve seen behind it. The only failure a man ought to fear is failure of cleaving to the purpose he sees to be best."
More In Great
- "To walk around with an ego is a bad thing. To have confidence in yourself is a great thing."― Fred Durst
- "I try to read for pleasure whenever I can – it’s a great way just to shut it off for a while so your brain doesn’t get fried."― Hillary Clinton
- "All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers."― Orison Swett Marden