More From George Crook
- "It demonstrates to his simple mind in the most positive manner that we have no prejudice against him on account of his race, and that while he behaves himself he will be treated the same as a white man."
- "If you will investigate all the Indian troubles, you will find that there is something wrong of this nature at the bottom of all of them, something relating to the supplies, or else a tardy and broken faith on the part of the general government."
More In Politics
- "I’ve rarely kept my distance from kind of – I don’t know if we can call it politics, but kind of, civic engagement and that kind of thing, except I tended to think, ‘Well, do it yourself before you start telling other people what they should be doing.’"― David Byrne
- "You know, rock stardom… I have a hard time discussing that because I don’t really accept it. It’s not really that tangible. What’s really bizarre is how it’s used as a thing – you know, ‘He’s the rock star of politics,’ ‘He’s the rock star of quarterbacks’ – like it’s the greatest thing in the world."― Eddie Vedder
- "You know they say the most dangerous person of the world is a member of the United States Congress just home from a three-day fact-finding trip."― Johnny Isakson