More From George Crook
- "It demonstrates to his simple mind in the most positive manner that we have no prejudice against him on account of his race, and that while he behaves himself he will be treated the same as a white man."
- "If you will investigate all the Indian troubles, you will find that there is something wrong of this nature at the bottom of all of them, something relating to the supplies, or else a tardy and broken faith on the part of the general government."
More In Politics
- "Having soon discovered to be great, I must appear so, and therefore studiously avoided mixing in society, and wrapped myself in mystery, devoting my time to fasting and prayer."― Nat Turner
- "To those who have exhausted politics, nothing remains but abstract thought."― Honore de Balzac
- "The world is governed by opinion."― William Ellery Channing