More From George Bernard Shaw
- "No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means."
- "Power does not corrupt men; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power."
- "Use your health, even to the point of wearing it out. That is what it is for. Spend all you have before you die; do not outlive yourself."
More In Wisdom
- "The left has come to regard common sense – the traditional wisdom and folkways of the community – as an obstacle to progress and enlightenment."― Christopher Lasch
- "Now our founding fathers had the wisdom to know that social acceptance and popularity were fleeing, and that this country’s principles needed to be rooted in strengths greater than the passions and the emotions of the times."― Chris Christie
- "However great an evil immorality may be, we must not forget that it is not without its beneficial consequences. It is only through extremes that men can arrive at the middle path of wisdom and virtue."― Wilhelm von Humboldt