More From George A. Smith
- "God is stronger than their strength, more loving than their uttermost love, and in so far as they have loved and sacrificed themselves for others, they have obtained the infallible proof, that God too lives and loves and gives Himself away."
- "Power and position often make a man trifle with the truth."
- "We must seek the loving-kindness of God in all the breadth and open-air of common life."
More In Happiness
- "Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude."― Joseph Wood Krutch
- "When I was waiting tables, washing dishes, or mowing lawns for money, I never thought of myself as stuck in some station in life. I was on my own path, my own journey, an American journey where I could think for myself, decide for myself, define happiness for myself."― Paul Ryan
- "The only true happiness comes from squandering ourselves for a purpose."― John Mason Brown