More From Georg Simmel
- "Every relationship between persons causes a picture of each to take form in the mind of the other, and this picture evidently is in reciprocal relationship with that personal relationship."
- "Every relationship between two individuals or two groups will be characterized by the ratio of secrecy that is involved in it."
- "For, to be a stranger is naturally a very positive relation; it is a specific form of interaction."
More In Respect
- "My focus is always on the day. What I’ve done behind me, I try to have respect for it, and keep an eye on it, and make sure it isn’t abused, and obviously be thoughtful about it, because it’s all real to me. I’m basically in every band I ever was in, and the songs, I still mean them all."― Ian MacKaye
- "I certainly respect other people’s opinions, but I would not vote for a woman to be the pastor of a church."― Charles Stanley
- "In order to gain the respect of your players in the locker room, you can’t just perform on Saturday. You have to do it consistently during practices, meetings, and in the weight room."― Junior Seau