More From Georg Simmel
- "In the latter case life rests upon a thousand presuppositions which the individual can never trace back to their origins, and verify; but which he must accept upon faith and belief."
- "Every relationship between two individuals or two groups will be characterized by the ratio of secrecy that is involved in it."
- "Every relationship between persons causes a picture of each to take form in the mind of the other, and this picture evidently is in reciprocal relationship with that personal relationship."
More In Respect
- "The conqueror is regarded with awe; the wise man commands our respect; but it is only the benevolent man that wins our affection."― William Dean Howells
- "I refuse to step inside the ring and fight like a gladiator against my own. I’m not playing that game. Any woman who has survived a year or more of making music has my undying respect."― Shirley Manson
- "I am not religious. I do not believe that personhood is conferred upon conception. But I also do not believe that a human embryo is the moral equivalent of a hangnail and deserves no more respect than an appendix."― Charles Krauthammer