More From Georg Simmel
- "For, to be a stranger is naturally a very positive relation; it is a specific form of interaction."
- "In the latter case life rests upon a thousand presuppositions which the individual can never trace back to their origins, and verify; but which he must accept upon faith and belief."
- "Every relationship between two individuals or two groups will be characterized by the ratio of secrecy that is involved in it."
More In Respect
- "Olympism seeks to create a way of life based on the joy found in effort, the educational value of a good example and respect for universal fundamental ethical principles."― Pierre de Coubertin
- "The key to making healthy decisions is to respect your future self. Honor him or her. Treat him or her like you would treat a friend or a loved one. A Stanford study showed that those who saw a photo of their future self made smarter financial decisions."― A. J. Jacobs
- "Courage is the greatest of all virtues, because if you haven’t courage, you may not have an opportunity to use any of the others."― Samuel Johnson