More From Georg Brandes
- "My first experiences of academic friendship made me smile in after years when I looked back on them. But my circle of acquaintances had gradually grown so large that it was only natural new friendships should grow out of it."
- "But when I was twelve years old I caught my first strong glimpse of one of the fundamental forces of existence, whose votary I was destined to be for life – namely, Beauty."
- "But I did not find any positive inspiration in my studies until I approached my nineteenth year."
More In Courage
- "Remember that when you meet your antagonist, to do everything in a mild agreeable manner. Let your courage be keen, but, at the same time, as polished as your sword."― Richard Brinsley Sheridan
- "To me, there is no greater act of courage than being the one who kisses first."― Janeane Garofalo
- "Today we affirm a new commitment to live out our nation’s promise through civility, courage, compassion and character."― George W. Bush