More From Gary Sheffield
- "My dad’s a bodybuilder. My whole life I’ve been taught to train the hard way. I believe in earning strength, not buying it. My grandfather raised me old school: In baseball, you work for whatever you get."
- "If I’m coming in at 4:00 in the morning and my kids have been in bed since 8:00, 9:00, that’s not setting a good example. The responsibility that I have kids inside my household has made me realize now that I have to be an example."
- "I trust no one totally."
More In Trust
- "While eschewing emotion – and its companion, vulnerability – Obama should be careful not to sacrifice empathy, the ‘I feel your pain’ connection that sustained Clinton. This connection is the shorthand people use to measure their leaders’ intentions. If people believe you’re on their side, they will trust your decisions."― Dee Dee Myers
- "When men attempt bold gestures, generally it’s considered romantic. When women do it, it’s often considered desperate or psycho."― Sarah Jessica Parker
- "Life is a gift, given in trust – like a child."― Anne Morrow Lindbergh