More From Gary Locke
- "My dad, of course, like a lot of Asian parents, wanted me to be an engineer or doctor and never could understand why I would want to be a lawyer. And then, when I first said I wanted to run for office, he thought that was absolutely insane."
- "I consider myself a D.I.Y. home improvement guy. In a prior life, I completely gutted a house – redid the plumbing, wiring, moved sewage pipes, knocked down walls, everything."
- "Ethnic diversity adds richness to a society."
More In Religion
- "We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."― Dalai Lama
- "After I left the convent, for 15 years I was worn out with religion, I wanted nothing whatever to do with it. I felt disgusted with it. If I saw someone reading a religious book on a train, I’d think, how awful."― Karen Armstrong
- "Religion enables us to ignore nothingness and get on with the jobs of life."― John Updike