More From Gary Locke
- "The U.S. tries to provide immigrants who grow up here with a world-class education and imbue them with the can-do attitude that has long defined American innovation."
- "I understand that in these difficult economic times, the potential for any additional expense is not welcomed by American businesses. But in the long run, the health insurance reform law promises to cut health-care costs for U.S. businesses, not expand them."
- "I’m so proud of my Chinese ancestry, but I was born and raised in America, and I really believe in American values, our American system, our freedom, our liberties."
More In Religion
- "Our theme for this year’s festivities, Dreams and Challenges of Asian Pacific Americans, speaks to the many generations of Asian Pacific Americans who worked hard to overcome economic hardship, racism and other barriers in their pursuit of the American dream."― Lucille Roybal-Allard
- "And I like the look on people’s faces when I say I’m doing this movie called Pride and Prejudice and they kind of smile, and then I say I’m in a movie called Doom and they kind of do a double take and try and put the two things together. And they never quite manage to."― Rosamund Pike
- "The Jews are a race and not a religion. My goal was not to persecute the Jews but to enlighten Gentiles to put them on guard."― Julius Streicher