More From Gary Locke
- "I understand that in these difficult economic times, the potential for any additional expense is not welcomed by American businesses. But in the long run, the health insurance reform law promises to cut health-care costs for U.S. businesses, not expand them."
- "Every year, some 65,000 high school students – many of them star students and leaders in their communities – are unable to go to college or get a good job because they have no legal status."
- "I consider myself a D.I.Y. home improvement guy. In a prior life, I completely gutted a house – redid the plumbing, wiring, moved sewage pipes, knocked down walls, everything."
More In Religion
- "Most modern science fiction went to school on ‘Dune.’ Even ‘Harry Potter’ with its ‘boy protagonist who has not yet grown into his destiny’ shares a common theme. When I read it for the first time, I felt like I had learned another language, mastered a new culture, adopted a new religion."― Gary Ross
- "Basically, fundamentalism is a modern phenomenon. In the same way that Hitler evoked a mythological religion of German purity and the glory of the past, the Islamists use religion to evoke emotions and passions in people who have been oppressed for a long time in order to reach their purpose."― Azar Nafisi
- "My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world, and exiles me from it."― Ursula K. Le Guin