More From Garrison Keillor
- "Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function."
- "Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted."
- "Welcome to Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average."
More In Home
- "We have to judge politicians by their cumulative score. In one innings they make a great catch, in another they drop the ball. In one they score a home run, in another they strike out. But it is their cumulative batting average that we are interested in."― Jesse Jackson
- "It’s like, now you’re actually complaining because you’re making $9 million and guys are making more? If it makes you that upset, quit. Leave the game. Go home then and try finding another job that’s going to pay you that."― Eric Davis
- "And, you know, you try and preach to them there’s more to this game than just walking up to home plate, swinging the bat, fielding a ground ball. There’s some dedication in it, some love you’ve got to put into this work."― Eddie Murray