More From Garrison Keillor
- "Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted."
- "Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people."
- "Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won’t feel so thankful then."
More In Home
- "The day I finished ‘Twilight,’ I came home and started bulking up. For ‘New Moon,’ I’m 30 pounds heavier than I was in ‘Twilight.’"― Taylor Lautner
- "One of the major goals of health insurance reform is to bring down the cost."― Valerie Jarrett
- "I came home every Friday afternoon, riding the six miles on the back of a big mule. I spent Saturday and Sunday washing and ironing and cooking for the children and went back to my country school on Sunday afternoon."― Ida B. Wells