More From Gael Garcia Bernal
- "We think that democracy can change a lot of things, but we’re being fooled, because democracy is not the election. We’ve been taught that democracy is having elections. And it isn’t. Elections are the most horrendous aspect of democracy. It’s the most mundane, trivial, disappointing, dirty aspect."
- "Doing films in Latin America is like an act of faith. I mean, you really have to believe in what you’re doing because if not, you feel like it’s a waste of time because you might as well be doing something that at least pays you the rent."
- "Alexander Gonzalez Inarritu is a great director. He’s the one I first worked with. He’s amazing."
More In Food
- "If you believe in God, believe in Death Row East."― Tupac Shakur
- "Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate."― Jo Brand
- "I’ve always hoped ‘Chopped’ would telegraph our enormous affection and love and admiration for chefs and food, but at the same time, we are inflicting extraordinary cruelty on them."― Ted Allen