More From Freeman Dyson
- "It is characteristic of all deep human problems that they are not to be approached without some humor and some bewilderment."
- "What the world needs is a small, compact, flexible fusion technology that could make electricity where and when it is needed. The existing fusion program is leading to a huge source of centralized power, at a price that nobody except a government can afford."
- "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering."
More In Science
- "I’m pretty catholic about what constitutes science fiction."― Frederik Pohl
- "When I find myself in the company of scientists, I feel like a shabby curate who has strayed by mistake into a room full of dukes."― W. H. Auden
- "We do a hard fantasy as well as hard science fiction, and I think I probably single-handedly recreated military science fiction. It was dead before I started working in it."― Jerry Pournelle