More From Freeman Dyson
- "What the world needs is a small, compact, flexible fusion technology that could make electricity where and when it is needed. The existing fusion program is leading to a huge source of centralized power, at a price that nobody except a government can afford."
- "It is characteristic of all deep human problems that they are not to be approached without some humor and some bewilderment."
- "I have the freedom to do what I want… bright people to talk to every day."
More In Science
- "Everything is fraught with danger. I love technology and I love science. It’s just always all in the way you use it. So there’s no – you can’t really blame anything on the technology. It’s just the way people use it, and it always has been."― Steve Martin
- "In short, it is not that evolutionary naturalists have been less brazen than the scientific creationists in holding science hostage, but rather that they have been infinitely more effective in getting away with it."― Phillip E. Johnson
- "If you start any large theory, such as quantum mechanics, plate tectonics, evolution, it takes about 40 years for mainstream science to come around. Gaia has been going for only 30 years or so."― James Lovelock