More From Frederick William Robertson
- "We win by tenderness. We conquer by forgiveness."
- "The true aim of everyone who aspires to be a teacher should be, not to impart his own opinions, but to kindle minds."
- "A silent man is easily reputed wise. A man who suffers none to see him in the common jostle and undress of life, easily gathers round him a mysterious veil of unknown sanctity, and men honor him for a saint. The unknown is always wonderful."
More In Wisdom
- "The most important lesson of New Labour is this: Every time we made progress we did it by challenging the conventional wisdom."― Ed Miliband
- "But the Wisdom of God, which is His only-begotten Son, being in all respects incapable of change or alteration, and every good quality in Him being essential, and such as cannot be changed and converted, His glory is therefore declared to be pure and sincere."― Origen
- "I just think that people take me a little more seriously as a brunette. I don’t know if that’s just because of a societal preconceived notion that all blondes are stupid, but it’s a different kind of attitude."― Kate Bosworth