More From Frederick William Robertson
- "The office of poetry is not to make us think accurately, but feel truly."
- "A silent man is easily reputed wise. A man who suffers none to see him in the common jostle and undress of life, easily gathers round him a mysterious veil of unknown sanctity, and men honor him for a saint. The unknown is always wonderful."
- "We win by tenderness. We conquer by forgiveness."
More In Wisdom
- "Wisdom is found only in truth."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "We give advice, but we cannot give the wisdom to profit by it."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "It is now conventional wisdom that Americans do not care why we went to war in Iraq, that it is enough that the world is better off without Saddam Hussein."― Adam Schiff