More From Frederick Buechner
- "Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else’s skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too."
- "Pay mind to your own life, your own health, and wholeness. A bleeding heart is of no help to anyone if it bleeds to death."
More In Religion
- "Enjoying success requires the ability to adapt. Only by being open to change will you have a true opportunity to get the most from your talent."― Nolan Ryan
- "Religion is a temper, not a pursuit."― Harriet Martineau
- "First of all, the Jewish religion has a great deal in common with the Christian religion because, as Rabbi Gillman points out in the show, Christianity is based on Judaism. Christ was Jewish."― Barbara Walters