More From Frederick Buechner
- "Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else’s skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too."
- "Pay mind to your own life, your own health, and wholeness. A bleeding heart is of no help to anyone if it bleeds to death."
More In Religion
- "Intolerance respecting other people’s religion is toleration itself in comparison with intolerance respecting other people’s art."― Wallace Stevens
- "Next to religion, let your care be to promote justice."― Francis Bacon
- "But even in the Christian religion, much of its real meaning is hidden by words that are misleading and symbols that but few understand."― Ernest Holmes