More From Frederick Buechner
- "Pay mind to your own life, your own health, and wholeness. A bleeding heart is of no help to anyone if it bleeds to death."
- "Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else’s skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too."
More In Religion
- "There was no division I could see between the essential teaching of all Prophets and wise men of religion."― Cat Stevens
- "I hate organized religion. I think you have to love thy neighbor as thyself. I think you have to pick your own God and be true to him. I always say ‘him’ rather than ‘her.’ Maybe it’s because of my generation, but I don’t like the idea of a female God. I see God as a benevolent male."― Julia Child
- "My policy was just to give good things for sports in my region."― Sergei Bubka