More From Frederick Buechner
- "Pay mind to your own life, your own health, and wholeness. A bleeding heart is of no help to anyone if it bleeds to death."
- "Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else’s skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too."
More In Religion
- "Where you have no religion, you are sure to have no government, for as religion disappears, anarchy takes place and fixes a compleat Hell on earth till religion returns."― Daniel Morgan
- "I do not know how to teach philosophy without becoming a disturber of established religion."― Baruch Spinoza
- "When human judgment and big data intersect there are some funny things that happen."― Nate Silver