More From Franz Liszt
- "Life is only a long and bitter suicide, and faith alone can transform this suicide into a sacrifice."
- "I did not compose my work as one might put on a church vestment… rather it sprung from the truly fervent faith of my heart, such as I have felt it since my childhood."
- "Supreme serenity still remains the Ideal of great Art. The shapes and transitory forms of life are but stages toward this Ideal, which Christ’s religion illuminates with His divine light."
More In Men
- "Although men are accused of not knowing their own weakness, yet perhaps few know their own strength. It is in men as in soils, where sometimes there is a vein of gold which the owner knows not of."― Jonathan Swift
- "It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels."― Saint Augustine
- "Men’s actions are too strong for them. Show me a man who has acted, and who has not been the victim and slave of his action."― Ralph Waldo Emerson