More From Franz Liszt
- "Supreme serenity still remains the Ideal of great Art. The shapes and transitory forms of life are but stages toward this Ideal, which Christ’s religion illuminates with His divine light."
- "I did not compose my work as one might put on a church vestment… rather it sprung from the truly fervent faith of my heart, such as I have felt it since my childhood."
- "Mournful and yet grand is the destiny of the artist."
More In Men
- "Great men are seldom over-scrupulous in the arrangement of their attire."― Charles Dickens
- "Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace."― Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "To understand how any society functions you must understand the relationship between the men and the women."― Angela Davis