More From Franz Liszt
- "Supreme serenity still remains the Ideal of great Art. The shapes and transitory forms of life are but stages toward this Ideal, which Christ’s religion illuminates with His divine light."
- "Mournful and yet grand is the destiny of the artist."
- "I did not compose my work as one might put on a church vestment… rather it sprung from the truly fervent faith of my heart, such as I have felt it since my childhood."
More In Men
- "Men are swayed more by fear than by reverence."― Aristotle
- "Inconsistencies in men are generally testimony to their immaturity."― Edwin Louis Cole
- "It is necessary for him who lays out a state and arranges laws for it to presuppose that all men are evil and that they are always going to act according to the wickedness of their spirits whenever they have free scope."― Niccolo Machiavelli