More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country."
- "The United States Constitution has proved itself the most marvelously elastic compilation of rules of government ever written."
- "A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward."
More In Society
- "I can imagine no society which does not embody some method of arbitration."― Herbert Read
- "We have a society in which one of the greatest things you can do is a platform to see victim status, and one of the qualifications for that is that you have these exquisitely tender feelings about things and sensibilities which are easily offended."― Brit Hume
- "Acting, the arts in general, is a magnet for the wounded of society."― Robert Carlyle