More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country."
- "Yesterday, December seventh, 1941, a date which will live in infamy, the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan."
- "The point in history at which we stand is full of promise and danger. The world will either move forward toward unity and widely shared prosperity – or it will move apart."
More In Humor
- "I love the diversity of America. I love the plain, normal sense of humor Americans have. It is not wicked, like in some countries. And I also love how new America is."― Antonio Banderas
- "The word is the Verb, and the Verb is God."― Victor Hugo
- "Humor can help you cope with the unbearable so that you can stay on the bright side of things until the bright side actually comes along."― Allen Klein