More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "We are trying to construct a more inclusive society. We are going to make a country in which no one is left out."
- "No group and no government can properly prescribe precisely what should constitute the body of knowledge with which true education is concerned."
- "Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country."
More In Government
- "People spending more of their own money on routine health care would make the system more competitive and transparent and restore the confidence between the patients and the doctors without government rationing."― Benjamin Carson
- "The whole of government needs to contribute to the shared goal of restructuring the British economy. But that means taking on the myth that the Treasury either knows best or can run it all. It just doesn’t."― David Miliband
- "I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."― Dwight D. Eisenhower