More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Prosperous farmers mean more employment, more prosperity for the workers and the business men of every industrial area in the whole country."
- "A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people."
- "Not only our future economic soundness but the very soundness of our democratic institutions depends on the determination of our government to give employment to idle men."
More In Government
- "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."― George Washington
- "Just in general, any government throughout history hasn’t really wanted its people to be educated, because then they couldn’t control them as easily."― Maynard James Keenan
- "Let’s be honest about this; the liberal agenda with failed stimulus plans and government entitlement programs is crippling our economy and our quality of life."― Alveda King