More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "We continue to recognize the greater ability of some to earn more than others. But we do assert that the ambition of the individual to obtain for him a proper security is an ambition to be preferred to the appetite for great wealth and great power."
- "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
- "Whoever seeks to set one religion against another seeks to destroy all religion."
More In Government
- "The truth is in California you can’t build a new manufacturing facility, and businesses are leaving in droves because of bad government policy."― Carly Fiorina
- "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."― George Washington
- "I went to watch my father at Silverstone in the early 1950s, and I’ve still got the car he was in."― Nick Mason