More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Favor comes because for a brief moment in the great space of human change and progress some general human purpose finds in him a satisfactory embodiment."
- "Put two or three men in positions of conflicting authority. This will force them to work at loggerheads, allowing you to be the ultimate arbiter."
- "But while they prate of economic laws, men and women are starving. We must lay hold of the fact that economic laws are not made by nature. They are made by human beings."
More In Business
- "Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness."― Stanislaw Lem
- "The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling."― Ambrose Bierce
- "America’s political system has evolved over the last 50 years in ways that have enhanced the power of business lobbies."― Al Gore