More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the goverment."
- "Favor comes because for a brief moment in the great space of human change and progress some general human purpose finds in him a satisfactory embodiment."
- "Whoever seeks to set one religion against another seeks to destroy all religion."
More In Best
- "A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying."― B. F. Skinner
- "I’m proof against that word failure. I’ve seen behind it. The only failure a man ought to fear is failure of cleaving to the purpose he sees to be best."― George Eliot
- "A strong hatred is the best lamp to bear in our hands as we go over the dark places of life, cutting away the dead things men tell us to revere."― Rebecca West