More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "The overwhelming majority of Americans are possessed of two great qualities a sense of humor and a sense of proportion."
- "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
- "The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the goverment."
More In Work
- "There is a vast world of work out there in this country, where at least 111 million people are employed in this country alone – many of whom are bored out of their minds. All day long."― Richard Nelson Bolles
- "It’s true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?"― Ronald Reagan
- "As a cure for worrying, work is better than whiskey."― Ralph Waldo Emerson