More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Prosperous farmers mean more employment, more prosperity for the workers and the business men of every industrial area in the whole country."
- "If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships – the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace."
- "True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made."
More In Education
- "My grandmother lived to be 100 years old. Her grandmother was a slave, yet she was a college graduate in the Spellman class of 1917. She taught art for 50 years and she saved her Social Security checks for her children’s education."― Spike Lee
- "The ultimate goal of the educational system is to shift to the individual the burden of pursing his own education. This will not be a widely shared pursuit until we get over our odd conviction that education is what goes on in school buildings and nowhere else."― John W. Gardner
- "Education is the foundation upon which we build our future."― Christine Gregoire