More From Francois Fenelon
- "Do not make best friends with a melancholy sad soul. They always are heavily loaded, and you must bear half."
- "A good historian is timeless; although he is a patriot, he will never flatter his country in any respect."
- "There is a set of religious, or rather moral, writings which teach that virtue is the certain road to happiness, and vice to misery in this world. A very wholesome and comfortable doctrine, and to which we have but one objection, namely, that it is not true."
More In Men
- "Under the auspices of peace, our comprehensive renaissance will be built, and it will be a model for those who wish to emulate it in the greater Arab homeland."― King Hussein I
- "Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men’s blood."― Daniel Burnham
- "Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering."― Saint Augustine