More From Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire."
- "We only acknowledge small faults in order to make it appear that we are free from great ones."
- "Perfect courage is to do without witnesses what one would be capable of doing with the world looking on."
More In Love
- "The possibility of a scientific treatment of history means a wider experience, a greater maturity of practical reason, and finally a fuller realization of certain basic ideas regarding the nature of life and time."― Muhammad Iqbal
- "As a relatively young woman – I’m 33 – I hope to one day have a family and already have commitments. If and when I’m elected as an MP, I would face a choice: take my family with me to London each week or be apart for four, maybe five, nights a week."― Lucy Powell
- "It is with true love as it is with ghosts; everyone talks about it, but few have seen it."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld