More From Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "It is not in the power of even the most crafty dissimulation to conceal love long, where it really is, nor to counterfeit it long where it is not."
- "Old people love to give good advice; it compensates them for their inability to set a bad example."
- "As it is the characteristic of great wits to say much in few words, so small wits seem to have the gift of speaking much and saying nothing."
More In Love
- "There is room in the smallest cottage for a happy loving pair."― Friedrich Schiller
- "Honesty does not always bring a response of love, but it is absolutely essential to it."― Ray Blanton
- "The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well."― Elisabeth Kubler-Ross