More From Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Too great haste to repay an obligation is a kind of ingratitude."
- "It is not in the power of even the most crafty dissimulation to conceal love long, where it really is, nor to counterfeit it long where it is not."
- "Nothing is so contagious as example; and we never do any great good or evil which does not produce its like."
More In Great
- "If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on."― Steve Jobs
- "Life affords no higher pleasure than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes and seeing them gratified."― Samuel Johnson
- "I don’t feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves."― John Wayne