More From Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "It is with an old love as it is with old age a man lives to all the miseries, but is dead to all the pleasures."
- "If we have not peace within ourselves, it is in vain to seek it from outward sources."
- "Old men are fond of giving good advice to console themselves for their inability to give bad examples."
More In Love
- "Another way of judging the value of a prophet’s religious experience, therefore, would be to examine the type of manhood that he has created, and the cultural world that has sprung out of the spirit of his message."― Muhammad Iqbal
- "People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy."― Bob Hope
- "My number one goal is to love, support and be there for my son."― Farrah Fawcett