More From Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Few things are impracticable in themselves; and it is for want of application, rather than of means, that men fail to succeed."
- "One can find women who have never had one love affair, but it is rare indeed to find any who have had only one."
- "The happiness and misery of men depend no less on temper than fortune."
More In Best
- "Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay then you’re obviously very intelligent and good looking and all-around brilliant."― Chris Martin
- "There is a wisdom in this beyond the rules of physic: a man’s own observation what he finds good of and what he finds hurt of is the best physic to preserve health."― Francis Bacon
- "Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens."― Epictetus