More From Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Though men are apt to flatter and exalt themselves with their great achievements, yet these are, in truth, very often owing not so much to design as chance."
- "Whatever good things people say of us, they tell us nothing new."
- "That good disposition which boasts of being most tender is often stifled by the least urging of self-interest."
More In Great
- "Everything I buy is vintage and smells funny. Maybe that’s why I don’t have a boyfriend."― Lucy Liu
- "I have a great respect for incremental improvement, and I’ve done that sort of thing in my life, but I’ve always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don’t know why. Because they’re harder. They’re much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you’ve completely failed."― Steve Jobs
- "A man’s worth is no greater than his ambitions."― Marcus Aurelius