More From Francis Ford Coppola
- "I don’t think there’s any artist of any value who doesn’t doubt what they’re doing."
- "I think cinema, movies, and magic have always been closely associated. The very earliest people who made film were magicians."
- "I had a heartbreaking experience when I was 9. I always wanted to be a guard. The most wonderful girl in the world was a guard. When I got polio and then went back to school, they made me a guard. A teacher took away my guard button."
More In Movies
- "You know when Hollywood does a great big blockbuster that really wraps you up in a world, and lets you believe in extraordinary things that move you in some way, in an almost operatic sensibility? That to me is the most fun I have at the movies."― Christopher Nolan
- "People love to talk about how the ’70s are the only time they made movies about characters, and adult movies, and complicated people. But in the ’80s, they got away with some of those too."― Elisabeth Shue
- "Sean’s movies are provocative and challenging without being slick."― Robin Wright Penn