More From Francis Bacon
- "He that gives good advice, builds with one hand; he that gives good counsel and example, builds with both; but he that gives good admonition and bad example, builds with one hand and pulls down with the other."
- "Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor."
- "Wise men make more opportunities than they find."
More In Wisdom
- "Even by common wisdom, there seem to be both people and objects in my dream that are outside myself, but clearly they were created in myself and are part of me, they are mental constructs in my own brain."― Ray Kurzweil
- "Wisdom too often never comes, and so one ought not to reject it merely because it comes late."― Felix Frankfurter
- "Wisdom is that apprehension of heavenly things to which the spirit rises through love."― Honore de Balzac