More From Frances Wright
- "If we bring not the good courage of minds covetous of truth, and truth only, prepared to hear all things, and decide upon all things, according to evidence, we should do more wisely to sit down contented in ignorance, than to bestir ourselves only to reap disappointment."
- "How are men to be secured in any rights without instruction; how to be secured in the equal exercise of those rights without equality of instruction? By instruction understand me to mean knowledge – just knowledge; not talent, not genius, not inventive mental powers."
- "Religion may be defined thus: a belief in, and homage rendered to, existences unseen and causes unknown."
More In Faith
- "Life is only a long and bitter suicide, and faith alone can transform this suicide into a sacrifice."― Franz Liszt
- "Those who have always had faith in its final success can do no less than rejoice as if it was our own triumph after five years of daily struggle to impose Cuban music on the European continent."― Alejo Carpentier
- "I ask you, people who care about the soul of Ukraine, those who want to preserve the heart, the spirit and the faith of our country for future generations, to please defend it."― Yulia Tymoshenko