More From Frances Wright
- "If we bring not the good courage of minds covetous of truth, and truth only, prepared to hear all things, and decide upon all things, according to evidence, we should do more wisely to sit down contented in ignorance, than to bestir ourselves only to reap disappointment."
- "Equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it."
- "How are men to be secured in any rights without instruction; how to be secured in the equal exercise of those rights without equality of instruction? By instruction understand me to mean knowledge – just knowledge; not talent, not genius, not inventive mental powers."
More In Faith
- "In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don’t."― Blaise Pascal
- "Men should not try to overstrain their goodness more than any other faculty, bodily or mental."― Samuel Butler
- "It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason."― Blaise Pascal