More From Fran Lebowitz
- "As a teenager you are at the last stage in your life when you will be happy to hear that the phone is for you."
- "Life is something to do when you can’t get to sleep."
- "Romantic love is mental illness. But it’s a pleasurable one. It’s a drug. It distorts reality, and that’s the point of it. It would be impossible to fall in love with someone that you really saw."
More In Great
- "You cannot escape the results of your thoughts. Whatever your present environment may be, you will fall, remain or rise with your thoughts, your vision, your ideal. You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration."― James Lane Allen
- "I call upon the scientific community in our country, those who gave us nuclear weapons, to turn their great talents now to the cause of mankind and world peace: to give us the means of rendering these nuclear weapons impotent and obsolete."― Ronald Reagan
- "There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read."― Gilbert K. Chesterton