More From Florence Griffith Joyner
- "I couldn’t wait until I grew up. I used to look at my mom’s stockings and put them on with her high heels and mess with my hair."
- "People want to think that staying in shape costs a lot of money. They couldn’t be more wrong. It doesn’t cost anything to walk. And it’s probably a lot cheaper to go to the corner store and buy vegetables than take a family out for fast food."
- "I love working with kids, talking with them and listening to them. I always encourage kids to reach beyond their dreams. Don’t try to be like me. Be better than me."
More In Car
- "That’s what I love. Not being interrupted, sitting in a car by myself and listening to music in the rain. There are so many great songs yet to sing."― Alison Krauss
- "My parents were what I like to call proper musical fans. Lots of Sondheim was played in the car."― Daniel Radcliffe
- "We approach people the same way we approach our cars. We take the poor kid to a doctor and ask, What’s wrong with him, how much will it cost, and when can I pick him up?"― James Hillman